Signs not protected as trademarks
According to the trademark law of Vietnam, the following signs shall not be protected as trademarks:
- Signs identical with or confusingly similar to the national flags, national emblems;
- Signs identical with or confusingly similar to emblems, flags, armorial bearings, abbreviations, full names of State agencies, political organizations, socio-political organizations, socio-political professional organizations, social organizations or socio-professional organizations of Vietnam or international organizations, unless permitted by such agencies or organizations;
- Signs identical with or confusingly similar to real names, alias, pen names or images of leaders, national heroes or famous persons of Vietnam or foreign countries;
- Signs identical with or confusingly similar to certification seals, control seals, warranty seals of international organizations which require that their signs must not be used, except where such seals are registered as certification marks by those organizations;
- Signs liable to mislead, confuse or deceive consumers as to the origin, functional parameters, intended purposes, quality, value or other characteristics of the goods or services.
Signs are eligible to be protected as trademarks
A mark shall be eligible for protection if it meets the following conditions:
- To be a visible sign in the form of letters, words, pictures, figures, including three-dimensional figures or a combination thereof, represented in one or more colors; and
- To be capable of distinguishing goods or services of the mark owner from those of others.
Procedure for filing a trademark application
Please contact us
to have advices and instructions in details.
Download our General Power of Attorney form (as of August 01, 2011)
Download our Individual Power of Attorney form (as of August 01, 2011)
Examination process of trademark application
In the same family can add http://www.cialis.com and like him as two peas http://cialis.com it merely nice and good for those who are looking for new options.